On Thursday, April 6, 2017, Houston Arts Alliance (HAA) welcomed six-time Tony Award winning actress and singer, Audra McDonald to its annual fundraising dinner, An Intimate Evening with….
DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m.
Houston Arts Alliance (HAA) and the City of Houston (City) support the community’s desire to place temporary works of art on City property. Each City department has discretion over temporary art within its jurisdiction and sole responsibility to review matters of safety.
At the request of the City department, HAA will serve in an advisory capacity during the review process and recommend pieces for placement on their property.
OFFICES CLOSED: Monday, May 29, 2017
Houston Arts Alliance, 3201 Allen Parkway, Suite 250
DEADLINE: 5:30 p.m.
The Individual Artist Grant Folk Arts Fellowship (IAGFAF) supports master artists in their efforts to preserve an artistic tradition—as a living legacy for their community—by helping them to pass their knowledge and skills on to a qualified and competent apprentice(s). This grant category enables master artists and (where appropriate) apprentices to 1) set aside time for intensive teaching and learning of the tradition and/or 2) purchase materials for the work at hand. Applications for these grants are reviewed by an external, impartial peer review panel and in recognition of exemplary artistic merit within a traditional art form.
As of June 2016, Houston Arts Alliance is working on the following major civic art projects on behalf of the City of Houston:
- Southwest Police Station (Client: City of Houston General Services Department and Houston Police Department)
- Art Recycle Trucks (Client: City of Houston General Services Department and Solid Waste Management Department)
- Stephen Korns, Houston Oracle in Two Parts, Bayou Place (Client: City of Houston General Services Department and the Public Works and Engineering Department)
- Alice M. Young Neighborhood Library (Client: City of Houston General Services Department and the Houston Public Library)
- Jay Shinn, Celestial Candyland and Candyland Landing, IAH Terminal D (Client: Houston Airport System)
- Joe O’Connell + Creative Machines, Wings over Water, 2016. Stainless steel and aluminum wrapped in architectural fabric, 25 ft. x 35 ft., George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida de Las Americas. (Client: City of Houston General Services Department and Houston First Corporation)