HAA JOINS THE GLOBAL #GIVINGTUESDAY MOVEMENT BY MATCHING DONATIONS FOR 17 AREA ARTS PROJECTS
November 25, 2015
HOUSTON, TX (November 25, 2015) – For the second year in a row, Houston Arts Alliance (HAA) joins the global #Giving Tuesday movement on December 1, 2015, by matching donations for 17 different Houston-area arts projects through power2give.com, an online cultural marketplace dedicated to raising funds for arts and culture projects.
The National Day of Giving is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. To kick off the holiday giving season, #GivingTuesday harnesses the power of individuals by inspiring people to collaborate and improve their local communities by giving back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
This year, through the unique donation platform of power2give.org, HAA will match every dollar donated (up to $250 per donor) to projects within the City of Houston and the surrounding area. A total of $10,000 in matching support is available to the 17 projects submitted by the November 16, 2015 deadline.
The projects include:
- Aperio, Music of the Americas, “Across Oceans: Chamber, Vocal & Solo Music by Thomas Osborne” recording to be distributed by MSR Classics in 2016
- Apollo Chamber Players, “20x2020 Commissioning Project” for multi-year commissioning projects
- Asia Society Texas Center, “Building Bridges, Connecting Cultures” to support cultural education programs
- FotoFest, “Literacy through photography’s 25th Anniversary” to support eco-creative curriculum for the 2016 FotoFest Biennial
- Frame Dance Company, “Through the Sheets of Clouds” to pay artistic fees, equipment and venue rental
- Gulf Coast, “Poetry for the People!” publishing poems for artists and readers
- HITS Theatre, “Amp it Up: An Audio Improvement Movement” for sound system equipment
- Houston Ballet, “Bring deserving students to the Ballet!” for spring student matinee performances at the Wortham Center
- Houston Youth Symphony, “HYS Coda Music Program Instruments for Children” to maintain instruments
- Mercury: The Orchestra Redefined, “Bring Music to HISD Schools!” for workshops in Title I schools in HISD
- METdance, “Join the MET’s A-Team and bring DANCE to over 20,000 children!” presenting fun, accessible and quality programs
- River Oaks Chamber Orchestra, “ROCO Commissioning Fund” to support ROCO’s programming
- Russian Cultural Center “Our Texas,” special performers for “Russian Old New Year Festival”
- Stages Repertory Theatre, “Support Houston Talent” to support Stages’ world premiere presentation of Brendan Bourque-Sheil’s The Book of Maggie
- OCA-Greater Houston, “Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival and Arts Night Events”
- Wordsmyth, “Views on Race,” three playwrights reflecting on their views on race
- Writespace, “Writespace Giving Tuesday Campaign” to help support Houston writers
To learn more, visit http://houstonartsalliance.com/services/services/power2give/.
» Download Press Release