City’s Initiative Grant
City's Initiative (CI) grants provides one-time funding to City of Houston 501(c)3 arts/cultural nonprofits for new opportunities that (1) are not part of the applicant's annual budget or regular programming/annual events, and (2) promote cultural tourism. Examples include the opportunity to present an artist or performance that was not included in an annual season or an unanticipated invitation to perform or exhibit (as part of a conference or meeting being held in Houston). Awards are restricted to artistic and marketing costs with $10,000 as the maximum amount awarded.
For more information, email Grants staff at email@example.com.
Organizations approved for a grant will enter into an agreement with Houston Arts Alliance (outlining the activities being supported through grant evaluations and accountability requirements).
2016-2017 (FY17) CITY'S INITIATIVE GRANT
Grant Term: July 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017
Application Opens: Bimonthly the first Monday after a deadline
Application Deadlines: Bimonthly, the last Friday of the month
Panel Reviews: Bimonthly
Notifications of Award: Bimonthly
- Friday, April 28, 2017, 5:30 p.m. (For projects beginning after Thursday, July 27, 2017)
- Friday, June 23, 2017, 5:30 p.m. (For projects beginning after Thursday, September 22, 2017)
- Friday, August 25, 2017, 5:30 p.m. (For projects beginning after Thursday, November 23, 2017)
- Friday, October 27, 2017, 5:30 p.m. (For projects beginning after Thursday, January 25, 2017)
- Friday, December 22, 2017, 5:30 p.m. (For projects beginning after Thursday, March 22, 2017)
- A preliminary meeting is required—at least 48 hours from a City's Initiative deadline—for organizations looking to make application. To schedule a meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All requests for funding must be submitted at least 90 calendar days in advance of the project begin date. Please do not submit an application if your project does not meet this requirement.
The City’s Initiative application is available through an online application portal.
- To begin an application, click on the "Apply" button below.
- If you have not already done so, create a login and password under the “Sign Up” tab.
- Once logged in, you can begin the application by clicking on “Your Requests.”
- Please upload any supplemental materials for your proposal directly to the application under the “Uploads” tab.
- Email email@example.com should you have any questions completing the online application.